During your preventative care appointments, your doctor may check for:2
- High blood sugar to rule out prediabetes
- High cholesterol to rule out heart disease
- High blood pressure to rule out the risk of stroke
- Cancer risks
- Maintaining proper weight and fitness levels
- Smoking and alcohol cessation
The list above are just some examples, there are more preventative care checks that can be performed to ensure your overall health.
Utilizing your preventative health care benefits can help monitor and treat diseases early. Catching potential conditions early can help increase your life span, decrease overall medical expenses, prevent chronic conditions, and catch health issues sooner.
Getting Preventative Care:
- Always see your primary care doctor for your annual checkup
- Tell your doctor your family history, including heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and more.
- Ask your doctor about your age group and preventative screenings you qualify for
- Stay up to date on your vaccinations
- Keep your doctor up to date on your mental health
- Check with your insurance provider to see what preventative screenings they cover the cost on, or ask one of our staff members for assistance.
Contact Center for Family Health & Education for support on preventive care
Here at Center for Family Health & Education, we can help you stay updated on your preventative care. We strive to serve our communities and patients by leading the way in quality, low cost or depending on your insurance you may be eligible for zero out of pocket cost for certain services. Please make an appointment with us today to help optimize your health and well-being. Or visit our insurance assistance page for questions regarding health insurance.