What are the new updates from CDC in March 2022?
- “COVID-19 vaccines are safe for pregnant people. A CDC study of over 40,000 pregnant people found that vaccines had NO link to preterm births (the birth of a baby before 37 weeks).” (source: CDC)
- “You don’t need a mandate to wear a mask. Let’s continue to do our part, especially in crowded areas and around those most vulnerable, the elderly, and young children.” (source: CDC)
- “Masks will no longer be required in California schools starting on March 12.” (source: khou.com)
When to wear a mask and why?
According to the CDC, it is important to wear a mask:
- “Effective February 16, 2022, universal masking shall remain required in only specified settings.”
- Only unvaccinated persons are required to mask in all Indoor Public Settings after February 16, 2022. Fully vaccinated individuals are recommended to continue indoor masking when the risk may be high.
Which states are joining California in dropping the previous mask mandate?
“Washington, Oregon, California to end mask mandates in schools, most public places by March 12” (source: q13fox.com)